Senior Project Surveyor
Wausau Regional Office
Category: Land Surveying
Position Type: Full Time
This position will perform land surveying functions on project types and sizes including but not limited to land development sites, land divisions, condominiums, transportation platting and civil engineering projects. The Sr Project Surveyor must work with both internal and external customers on these various project types. The position will be involved with but not limited to scoping the project, survey estimates, preparing and coordinating land division project schedules, representing the project team at community meetings, preparing the land division submittals, project team correspondence, coordination thru the construction phase and project closeout documentation. We are looking for a self-motivated, problem-solver that looks for the most cost effective, efficient method to meet our customer’s needs.
Land Division, survey preparation, project administration & design support
- Overall Project Administration. Includes: preparing applicable documentation, communication with applicable agencies, schedule coordination, task management and status reporting.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, training, guidance to engineering and surveying technicians, design projects survey oversight, work closely with project managers in the civil, planning and landscape disciplines.
- Maintain an open liaison role by facilitating all communications between departments within JSD concerning on-going projects and status updates.
- Filing necessary applications and facilitating all agency communication for all Land Division Projects.
- Drafting surveys and performing calculations including lot dimensions, areas, volumes, cut and fills, etc.
- Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property information
- Prepare flood elevation certificates
- Provide oversight and guidance of the fieldwork associated with construction projects
- Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
- Provide direction and oversight to the technical staff for construction computation and layout
- Construction Survey scheduling and contracted task oversight
- The ability to concentrate, multi-task and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Civil Engineering fundamentals and practices
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
- A desire to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
- The ability to occasionally travel to projects and meetings throughout Wisconsin
- Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.) Wisconsin
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Autocad Civil3d experience
- Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.) multiple states, or willing to pursue
- CST Certification a Plus
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.