Madison Regional Office
Category: Land Surveying
Position Type: Full Time
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Project Surveyor position in our Madison regional office. The breadth of experience required should include both private and public sector work, including site development, industrial and commercial development plans, and residential subdivisions.
- Perform a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering
- Preparation of all types of surveys, including but not limited to the following:
- Plats of Survey
- Subdivision Plats
- Legal Description & Exhibits
- Horizontal & Vertical Control Surveys
- Aerial Mapping
- GPS Surveying & Mapping
- Construction Surveying & Mapping
- Provide guidance and direction to field crew(s) and technicians
- Prepare construction-related survey documents, flood elevation certificates, and conduct deed and survey research and reviews
- Perform field survey activities in accordance with standards set by state statutes and the American Congress of Surveying and Mapping.
- Manage the survey aspects of civil engineering projects
- High proficiency in CADD production and related engineering software
- Communicates with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to project.
- Capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently without day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
- 5+ years of experience in all aspects of Land Surveying
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S) designation