Entry-Level Landscape Designer
Chicago Regional Office
Reports To: Senior Landscape Architect
This professional position entails work that will focus on a variety of landscape architecture and land development projects. Responsibilities will be diverse and may include preparation of conceptual landscape plans, site development plans, park and recreation design, construction documents, and graphic exhibits.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assist in creating all documents related to Master Planning with a variety of public and private sector clients
• Creating, designing, and compiling Construction document plan sets
• Assist landscape team in creating, designing, and compiling Landscape Design Plans for various sized projects
• Creating Graphic Illustrations for projects of varying sizes and complexities
• Ability to prepare landscape plans which focus on softscape and hardscape elements; develop material schedules and specifications as well as cost estimates for landscape design and construction projects.
• Familiarity with landscape planning and management requirements in the upper Midwest.
• Ability to efficiently develop and/or edit scaled site plans and landscape plans using AutoCAD, and other software products.
• Familiarity with using x-refs, blocks, pen tables, plot styles, specified CAD standards, layer management, model space, etc.
Presentation Graphics and Illustrations
• Ability to draw, edit, and illustrate maps, plans, sections, details, perspectives by hand and in graphic mediums such as: AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google SketchUp, Lumion, ESRI ArcView, and Microsoft Word (including Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to manage in-house and outsourced production of plans and illustrations.
• Ability to research, compile and edit data and prepare layouts and revise plans and illustrations using ESRI – ArcView, ArcGIS and ArcMap.
• Possesses written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be an effective member of multi-disciplinary teams (with planners, engineers, architects, and surveyors).
• Ability to understand client needs and communicate viable design options.
• Ability to conduct effective presentations in a variety of group settings.
Education & Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- One to three years of professional experience in the field of Landscape Design (includes internships)