Chicago Regional Office
Category: Development Services
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Development Specialist, V.P.
Education & Certification Requirements
Bachelors Degree – Landscape Architecture
Minimum five (5)+ years of professional experience in Landscape Design/Architecture, Planning, or
Development Services; PLUS, three (3) – five (5) years of independently managing development
projects from start to finish
Supervise the design and preparation of engineering, survey, landscape, and due diligence documents for projects throughout a wide range of markets, including review of plans, contract management, and project profitability for all JSD disciplines. The person in this position
serves as a Project Manager, technical specialist, staff advisor and client consultant as well as leading and mentoring junior staff.
Other Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare proposals for potential projects.
- Prepare, communicate, and QA/QC client deliverables in a timely and efficient manner for projects under his/her management
- Prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines and communicating with the Executive Leadership Group, Team Leaders and Clients
- Be responsible for the efficient contract, billing, and collection process for projects under his/her management.
- Develop and maintain an effective working knowledge of state, county, and municipal land development procedures and regulations
- Participate in the selection of design teams and sub consultants and in the negotiations of fees and subcontractors.
- Serves as a representative of the firm at both public & private meetings and presentations relative to assigned projects (i.e. plan commission, common council, board & agencies).
- Conduct constructability reviews, due diligence, preparing exhibits and application submittal documents, zoning and ordinance coordination
- Assist in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects of other managers when requested (QA/QC).
- Communicate between departments to schedule work and establish project priorities and standards.
- Maintains up-to-date project files, including hardcopy and electronic versions, according to JSD standards.
- Work independently and be available to respond to clients on an as-needed basis. Must be capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently. Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
- Extensive travel may be required to meet client and project expectations
- Market the firms capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients