Edgerton Hospital first opened its doors in 1923 as Memorial Hospital, experiencing a major expansion in the late 1950s and officially changing its name to Edgerton Hospital in 2005.
JSD provided civil engineering and landscape architectural services for the new hospital complex. The scope of service included grading, erosion control and utility plans, a traffic impact analysis, and an intersection improvement plan to include construction details, specifications, and cost estimates.
In addition, JSD’s engineering team provided drawings and creative solutions to address design criteria for onsite stormwater collection, treatment, and conveyance; utility connections; accommodating large format vehicle circulation; and pavement design. Lastly, JSD provided a full-site landscaping plan for the hospital.